Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Ever have one of those days where it seems like the world is out to get you? Today was one of those days.

It started early. I was finishing up some work before getting ready for class, which included putting the final touches on a PowerPoint and handout that I was to use in my final presentation that afternoon. Run downstairs with my trusty USB stick, print the handout, everything is running smoothly and for once I'm actually ahead of schedule. Until, of course, 20 minutes later when I'm packing up everything I need for the day and realise I can't find my USB stick.

To understand the panic that pierced my heart at that moment, let me tell you what was on that stick:
- Everything.
Seriously. All the work I've done this semester as well as all the work I'm currently doing and need to hand in this week. I felt like Carrie Bradshaw when her beloved Powerbook died. Remember to always back up your work!

Of course, logic told me that it wasn't lost and it simply must be somewhere between the printer, the kitchen, the bathroom, and my room. Cut to 30 minutes and one torn apart room later, and I finally find it...in my pillowcase? I had no time to be confused by this as I immediately had to dash out the door to make it to the bus.

Finally, I'm on the bus. I'm flipping through my cue cards, going over what I'm going to say and how I'm going to say it. We're getting close to school so I go to put them away and that's when I manage to give myself two large, deep paper cuts right along the nail beds of my left middle and ring fingers. Blood. Everywhere.

Obviously, I survived and even managed to give a pretty good (I think--it's always hard to tell!) presentation on my girl Margaret Atwood. But oh man am I ever glad this semester is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment